Search Community

Buggy Typewriter effect with SplitText

mk1 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I will set up a codepen asap, but do you guys have an idea what might causing such weird behaviour?

I am making simple slider for Wordpress, and everything is fine expect the Typer Writer effect. I want to do as much as possible using GSAP, not some 3rd parties.

some letters are left behind and not deleted. 

EDIT: Codepen provided

See the Pen mRedXR by Nikolaus91 (@Nikolaus91) on CodePen

Hi mk1 :)

Everything looks right to me. I didn't see any letters being left behind. Are you seeing this all browsers?

Jonathan has some good examples there so hopefully those help, but if you continue seeing problems, perhaps you could give some more details.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 3

I've just fixed this :) with some help from Jonathan's examples. Thanks guys, you are awesome!

@Jonathan I know, there are plenty of these around, nevertheless GSAP is unarguably awesome and I want to build as much as I can from scratch to become as experienced as possible in the GSAP. 

Edit. I have changed form zero-duration tween to 0.01 and then issue has been resolved by Carl.

• Like 4

Hi Mk1,

Although Jonathan offered some great alternatives, your example did reveal an extremely rare case where an issue did exist – if the playhead landed between 0 and 0.0000001 on a zero-duration tween that was playing in reverse. 

Please see this fork of your pen and let us know if works ok for you

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/KaVMVq

It uses a beta version of TweenMax with the fix applied

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/TweenMax-latest-beta.js

Sorry for the frustration. Thanks for posting the demo and letting us know.

• Like 3