Search Community

SVG Banner Animation Leaving Artifacts

ladyRalph test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello!

I've been making svg animated banner ads, and the client ran into a bit of a snag- there are some artifacts being left behind by the animation on certain computers. It seems to only be in Chrome, but isn't consistent across computers. The client is running the same OS and version of Chrome as I am (Windows 10 / Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m), yet I have no issues.

Here is a screenshot of what's showing up underneath the Call-To-Action button (scales in from 0, there is no shadow under the button) and some text (moves up from below the viewbox):

post-44497-0-15028200-1481830042_thumb.jpg

This is the transformations I'm applying:

t1.fromTo(text2, 0.75, {y:75}, {y:0});
t1.fromTo(cta, 0.4, {autoAlpha: 0, scale: 0, transformOrigin: '50% 50%'}, {autoAlpha: 1, scale: 1, ease: Back.easeOut}); 

Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi ladyRalph :)

That looks like a graphics card issue to me. Could also be a browser bug, but I can't see GSAP being the culprit. GSAP doesn't render anything - it just animates values. I'd have the client check on a few different systems and see if you can isolate it to a particular card and/or browser.

Happy tweening.

:)