Search Community

MorphSVG singular repeat

pauljohnknight test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi

I have an animation where I want the path data to change at a certain point so I'm using morphSVG.  

codepen link: 

Am I correct in thinking if I want to reverse a morphSVG tween I have to do {repeat: 1, yoyo: true} within the object vars like i have done in the above pen?  

Normally I would just reverse an animation that is part of a timeline by doing the opposite of from / to etc on the next part of the timeline, but I can't do this with morphSVG because it would mean having the visiblity:hidden css on both compound paths which would then obviously make the animation invisible.

I just want to make sure what I've done is the best way to achieve a reverse on a morphSVG tween incase there is a different / preferable way of doing this.  It's going to be part of a larger more complex animation where there will be multiple compound paths I'll need to morph to a new shape and then back again.

From what I gather I shouldn't use the reverse() method on an individual part of timeline because of where the playhead will start? And if I did, it could get very complicated very quickly doing it that way? 

Any thoughts / corrections would most welcome.

Paul.

See the Pen qNNMMz by pauljohnknight (@pauljohnknight) on CodePen