Search Community

Animate Commons is out with a free extension for Animate CC

somnamblst test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally had a reason to use this for a banner campaign and a reason to figure out why it quit working.  It does no longer work with Animate CC 17 or 18. It does still work with Animate CC 2015.2

I have no idea why. But I do suspect the publish template is the culprit.

It likely has to do with the unique id in the default code in the html file. From 2017.1 - 2017.5, they introduced a unique number called "composition id" that gets created for each "new" FLA created. I put quotes over 'new' because if you copy the FLA file it still uses the same comp id (You have to create a new file from the menu up top to get a new unique comp id). In the JS file it exports out from a normal HTML canvas export, you'll see something like this >

lib.properties = { id: '24565gh6788...blahblahblah'...

This gets referenced in the default HTML that is exported out. Animate Commons probably doesn't have that included in it since that was created before that change was made by Adobe. You can probably get it to work by implementing that compID check in the file that gets exported.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is there anyway we can contact the creator to get this working? maybe some donations.. I stupidly rely on Animate CC for all of my banner ads and this would be a HUGE powerful tool to start implementing in my work