Search Community

Timeline nesting issue. Timeline to start/visible when previous completes

RyanHerbert test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm having trouble sequencing multiple timelines.

I don't want the the second timeline (NUM6Timeline) to be visible till layer 1 has complete.  

I need to do this on 6 timelines but have just included 2 timelines in this codepen. ideally I would also like to fade out  timeline1 before the next happens.

When I try with 6 I get in a right mess and not having much luck with 2 either.. any help would be much appreciated.

I've noticed i also lose the the ease on the second timeline (NUM6Time) so the animation loses its gradual build up 

regards,

Ryan 

See the Pen BQQBya by Ryan84 (@Ryan84) on CodePen

Try to use a naming convention for your elements that can used in a loop, similar to what I did in this post...

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/15184-easiest-way-to-less-the-code-for-gsap/

Once you have that, you should be create everything using some type of loop. Here's a post that shows how to do something similar to what you're trying. You don't have to use that reduce method like I did. A jquery each call would work just as well.

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/14002-nested-timeline-stagger/

• Like 2