Search Community

TimelineMax does play from frame 1

shibbydoo test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I have this animated movieclip in Flash, I exported it and want to use TimelineMax to control it.

so this is what I did

var _timeline:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();
_timeline.append(new TweenMax(_mc, 3.2, {frame:82, startAt:{frame:1}, ease:Linear.easeNone}));
_timeline.pause();

the weird thing is that it doesn't play from frame 1 for some reason, it always starts around frame 25 (maybe this has something to do

with the frame rate which is 25). even _timeline.gotoAndPlay(1) cant make it play from frame 1....

also, I tried to use useFrames:true in TweenMax when I append the MC, and it doesn't work...

how to use frames for timeline? thanks.

cheers.

First of all, did you stop() the MovieClip to begin with? And you didn't prevent the FramePlugin from activating, right? (you'd have to literally alter the TweenMax class to do that - just making sure).

I just double-checked and it seems to work perfectly for me. If you're still having trouble, please post an FLA that demonstrates the issue.

As for making a tween use frames, remember that the timing mode is always determined by the tween's timeline, so if you want all the tweens in your timeline to use frames, just set that property through the vars object when you create your timeline like this:

var _timeline:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({useFrames:true});