Search Community

.staggerFrom a .class made from an SVG group

RyanHerbert test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Dipscom,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm trying to make this:

See the Pen MbjEZX?editors=1000 by Ryan84 (@Ryan84) on CodePen

but instead of using .st1 and .st2 in the .staggerFrom I would like to combine these into one class called .SET1

.st1 and .st2 are in a group and I have added a class to this  <g id="SET1" class="SET1"> 

the .staggerFrom doesnt seem to like .SET1

Can anyone see why?

Kind regards

Ryan 

See the Pen ZBpXbX by Ryan84 (@Ryan84) on CodePen

• Solution

It's because you have assigned .SET1 to a single <g> tag and as such it is treated as a single element. In order to achieve what you are proposing, you need to assign the .SET1 class to all elements that you want to affect or write a CSS selector to target the children of .SET1.

Something in the lines of: ".SET1 > g" - This will target the first g that is a direct child of any element that has the class ".SET1".

• Like 3

Thanks for the advise Dipscom. Are you saying to change the .ST1 and .ST2 to .SET1?

I was hoping to avoid this as I have 6 number groups each containing the more than 12 .ST2 .ST1.... for efficiency I was wondering if it is possible to leave these as they are and Target the group they are in.

You mentioned "a CSS selector to target the children of .SET1."  is this different from manually changing every layer to SET1?

Thanks for the help..really appreciate it