Search Community

Adobe Animate CC

phantomboogie test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but thought I'd give it a shot given the amount of experience here. 

Has anyone tried an entire animation workflow through Adobe animate CC? 

Any pros and cons?

Is the code usable? Are the export sizes small? does the outputed code easily sharable? 

Up till now, I've been making prototypes in AfterEffects and coding the SVG files in an editor powered with greensock. It's not the most elegant workflow but I know how the sausage is made and the components I need, that and it works across browsers. 

Most Animate CC examples I've seen seem to be either frame by frame animations or simple banner ads that don't have many moving pieces with not a lot of moving parts (aka Flash). I read Animate CC has greensock integration so it's not a matter of whether it works, but is it worth investing time to learn and use as my primary animation tool?

Would love to hear if someone has experience in this. 

Thanks

• Like 1