Search Community

DrawSVG and Blur filter issue

Liam@II test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi

heres the codepen link to the banner

i know you normally ask to strip the banner down to its most basic but if truth be told, i would love if someone could look at the code and see if i could make improvements.

so my main concern is that the DrawSVG isn't working like it has for me in the past.

im applying a blur filter to the SVG and this is causing a opacity "boost" after they have svg line draws on.

im using a for loop to loop through an array to give these svg lines certain parameters, but the only way i can get it to work is to use multiple TweenMax. to events instead of a timeline. 

i have facility in the code to timeLineMax but ive chosen not to. Can someone sugest how i might enable the use of timeline?

please can someone take a look at this and offer me any suggestions how best to approach this

thanks a million

Liam

See the Pen b4b4b63c032d04ca3cf428af9f7c18ed by Liamii (@Liamii) on CodePen

• Like 1

ok, so as a quick fix i have animated the opacity.

i am still having issues with not being able to use Timeline and even more weirdly i cant use '.from' animations. i have to '.set' the properties and use '.to' animations of else nothing happens

??

Hi

When I visit your demo my console gets bombarded with errors and my CPU spikes.

Its really important that you provide a reduced test case so that we can efficiently focus on the problem.

Please provide an SVG with a single line (or path) and just enough javascript to show that DrawSVGPlugin isn't working as expected.

We will gladly take a look.

I'm assuming your from() issue is separate, likewise a simplified demo will help.

Thanks!

• Like 1