Search Community

Animate CC - Animate all movie clips inside of MC

powa test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a movie clip that contains a lot of other MCs inside and actually too much to put them all in array.

In old SWF times (AS2) I would just Export this movie clip as - Export for Acton Script with a Linkage to my .AS file (see the code that is now in .AS file). And then all of the inside movie clips (items) would animate as shown below.

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

class animate extends MovieClip {

public function onLoad():Void {
var item;
for (item in this) {
var mc = this[item];
TweenLite.from(mc, 1, {_alpha:0, _x:mc._x + 30, _xscale:5, delay: mc._x * 3/1000, ease:Circ.easeOut});
}
}
}

Today, in HTML5 this linkage is not possible anymore. I'm trying to put this code into timeline to achieve the same effect.

Is this even possible in for HTML5 ?

I know that the tweenMax code needs to be adjust for AS3 usage, but that is not the issue here.

• Solution

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

I really think this is more of a question about how to code things with CreateJS... specifically EaselJS which is the JS library that Animate CC supports.

EaselJS containers haver a children property that gives an Array of all child elements. I suspect you could just loop through that array of children and animate as you need.

http://createjs.com/docs/easeljs/classes/Container.html#property_children

I've moved this topic to our banner forum where more AnimateCC users will see it.

For questions about CreateJS / EaselJS the Adobe forums may be better.

Let us know if you have any questions about the GSAP API.

Happy Tweening.

• Like 1