Search Community

GSAP as a prototyping tool?

venn test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I am not sure if this is relevant for this forum.

But just a food for thought. (:

Looking at the rise of prototyping tools in the market.

I am thinking have you guys thought of leveraging existing GSAP to create a prototyping tool?

Something similar to Framer studio.

framerjs.com

Designers are open to the idea of coding.

GSAP has an extensive animation library with a good track record that it is well performant across devices.

And the good thing that the code is even reusable on responsive web. For native animation in Android/iOS, I am sure the mobile developers will be able to glean the code to get useful motion attributes out from it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, venn! Yeah, I think it makes a lot of sense to leverage GSAP in a prototyping tool. The challenge for us is keeping our limited resources focused on the most important things. It's so easy to get distracted and chase various ideas (I have a TON of ideas). Building a GUI is a very, very different skillset and a lot of time. Several other 3rd parties have used GSAP in their GUI tools, and we think that's probably the best path forward at this point. Hopefully tools like framerjs will allow exporting to GSAP code at some point.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Stuff like this is always welcome in the forums, by the way.  

• Like 3