Search Community

SVG animations doesn't render correctly on Safari

martifenosa test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi, 

first of all let me say congratulations for your great job, gsap definetly changed my career by now. 

So... I made a codepen for you isolating one animation of our last website that do not render well on safari. Surprise! On codepen it works perfectly...

I'm still writing asking for help but I will understand if you can't or do not want, due to the website has another addons like scrollmagic etc etc. 

I posted the codepen ( use it as reference on what we want ) and here goes the website: http://brand.uoc.edu.

As you can see on Safari absolutely all goes slow and jumping. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and congrats again for the great job!

PS: My apologize for the english ;)

See the Pen qayvab by martifenosa (@martifenosa) on CodePen

When I peeked at your actual site URL referenced above, it does look choppy in Safari but it's unrelated to GSAP as far as I can tell. For example, there are some huge "composite" times as well as anonymous function calls in base.js (oddly enough, at that spot it has logic mentioning "Shockwave Flash"). 

I wish we had time and resources to provide free consulting and general troubleshooting services for things like this, but we really try to keep these forums focused on only GSAP-specific questions. Feel free to show us any reduced test cases that indicate there may be a GSAP-related problem and we'd be happy to look into it. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 1