Search Community

.hover not triggering animation

chris.btbi test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Payman,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello all,

I am kind of a newbie to Greensock but so far I'm loving it! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum as I am quite new here so please be patient with me :P. I am trying to make it so that when you pulse over a location pin on the map it pulsates. I think I have the animation set up correctly but the .hover functionality doesn't appear to be working. (I set up an alert box on hover in and out to test). Thank you so much for your help!

Oh, and this particular project needs to work in I.E. if that makes a difference.

-Chris

See the Pen pEWzqd by chrisbtbi (@chrisbtbi) on CodePen

• Solution

There is a small arrow on the left side of the error description which you can use to show more details and find the original pen.js line that causing the error. 

So in your case it is this line (TweenMax is not a timeline and you don't need to instantiate it). Besides you don't even use tm1 in your code.

var tm1 = new TweenMax()

The next error was a weird mix of jquery and native js selectors

var main = document.getElementById($("#main"));

should be just this:

var main = $("#main");
  • Like 2