Search Community

ScrollMagic / TimelineMax pinned section jumping

DraganLibraFire test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello DraganLibraFire and welcome  to the GreenSock Forum!

That is very weird behavior indeed. This  doesn't look like a question about the GSAP API.

This looks like a question for ScrollMagic support. ScrollMagic is not made by GreenSock, but it is made with GSAP. 

Jan Paepke is the creator of ScrollMagic. You can report bugs and behavior on the ScrollMagic git issues page.

https://github.com/janpaepke/ScrollMagic/issues

:)

• Like 1

Hello Jonathan!

First of all thanks for quick response!

I wrote this topic here because I saw that you guys are really responsible and helpfull.

I also know that this is scroll magic bug, but can you PLEASE take a quick look and try to guess where is the issue with it?
I would really appreciate!

Thanks in advance.

I'm really not sure what that could be since GreenSock didn't create that ScrollMagic plugin. I didn't see any GSAP tweens in your example which tells me:

1) that this is an issue with the ScrollMagic plugin

and

2) that something is probably being messed up in the SVG markup. I would suggest running your SVG code through a SVG online optimizer to make sure that it is not malformed. And if that is causing that weird behavior. https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ Make sure to toggle off clean id's so your ID attributes don't get removed when that online tool cleans your SVG.

Mainly the GreenSock forum are for answering questions regarding the GSAP API. And Jan Paepke is the best one to know why that might be happening since he created that ScrollMagic plugin. ScrollMagic is a scrolling management system. It does use GSAP as it's animation platform. But that link above to his issues page is the best place to find out why his plugin is doing that. Unless anyone else in the forum would like to answer your ScrollMagic question.

But we are more than willing and happy to help if you have any GSAP specific questions ;)

• Like 2