Search Community

Moat ad search post SWF previews, what about HTMl5

somnamblst test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

A brand that i am currently building retail media ads for, has an animated 156K  animated GIF representation on Moat. What I am wondering, as it looked horrible, is Moat converting HTML5 banners to animated GIF for preview search purposes, or did this brand actually create those horribly choppy dithered animated GIFs. I did message Moat on their Facebook page, and will report back if they answer.

A brand that i am currently building retail media ads for, has an animated 156K  animated GIF representation on Moat. What I am wondering, as it looked horrible, is Moat converting HTML5 banners to animated GIF for preview search purposes, or did this brand actually create those horribly choppy dithered animated GIFs. I did message Moat on their Facebook page, and will report back if they answer.

I think they just created the horrible choppy gif on their end.  

From what I've seen, Moat only shows swf and jpg/gif banners.  When I look for ads of clients I've worked on, I only see static banners because we just don't typically do gifs; none of our HTML5 banners have been converted.

• Like 1

That was my first thought too. Except I can't find a single HTML5 ad converted to a an animated GIF, created by my team on Moat. I have to say I am not surprised that a national brand would have creative that has regressed to animated GIFs post SWF. 

I really hope Moat figures out how to show HTML5 ads in their search. Otherwise that functionality is useless.