Search Community

Particle elements form shape.

KevinJ test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey Guys,

I've been tasked with creating an html5 ad for a client.

The company's logo has a shape element that is made of triangles (a total of 8, all the same size).

The concept for ad has the triangles scattered, rotated, resized, then eventually organizing themselves to form the shape element of the logo.

Any ideas on how I can create this?

I was thinking importing the logo as a svg, further dividing the triangles to get more elements. Is there a way scatter them randomly?

I came across this from the example page:

https://baconclubhouse.no/en

I like the feel the depth of field of the particles.

Regards,

KJ

Hello KevinJ, and Welcome to the GreenSock forum!

That McDonald's particle effect is done with WebGL canvas, and not DOM elements. I have a very fast computer and even with canvas which is best for these types of particle effects, i saw some lag do to the number of particles.

With SVG your looking at some serious jank (lost frames), since SVG are DOM elements and will have to move all those elements around. Just something to think about.

Something to look at:

See the Pen aApDq by bazooki (@bazooki) on CodePen

:)

• Like 1