Search Community

replay bug / simulate download bug

carlrice test
Moderator Tag

I have a bunch of TweenLite calls in AS2. This is something I have always noticed with TweenLite but has never really been a big issue until now. When you test your movie (cmd+enter) everything plays fine. Try it again (cmd+enter while still previewing) many tweens seemingly have been cached and are tweening things incorrectly. I tried the latest version of TweenLite too and it isn't working any differently. Originally I had onCompletes being fired off TweenGroups and those too would fire incorrectly so I removed them.

This is the easiest way to test it but the real issue is with the banner platform we are using (EyeBlaster w/ expanding panels). When the panel expands and plays the first time, no problem. When it expands to play the second time, usually the tweens and onCompletes on tweens are still in there firing despite what EyeBlaster says (unloads the panel swf, then reloads it fresh). Its essentially acting as if it was just gotoAndPlay(1) and not clearing both in the IDE and the platform.

Is this known/common?

• 4 months later...

Are you just talking about testing in the IDE or in the browser? There's a known problem with Flash (not TweenLite/Max) that causes it not to clear out static class properties when you CTRL-ENTER the second (and third and fourth, etc.) time. That, of course, isn't really a concern because it only happens in the IDE. However, if you're running into trouble on live sites, please post an example FLA that demonstrates the issue so that we can effectively troubleshoot. You are using the latest version of the platform, right? If you're using TweenGroup, then you must be using a pretty stale version of the platform since TweenGroup was replaced by TimelineLite and TimelineMax quite a long time ago.