Search Community

SVG animation with GSAP - Graphical Trailing Glitch

bandaro test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm currently using GSAP to create a few banners with SVG shapes (text from Illustrator outline since I can't get Webfonts for these). They work and look fine on my machine, but when tested on a PC in Chrome, there is a small issue where the moving SVG element leaves a sort of "trail" graphically, but only when viewed at 100%.

I've attached a mocked up version of the issue (I tried getting the user to provide a zoomed in screenshot but she says the issue vanished when zoomed in).

Has anyone encountered this when animating SVG elements? I am imagining it is probably a hardware issue.

post-41057-0-91539200-1470678663_thumb.jpg

I agree with @PointC.

I've had similar issues when animating SVG's on older versions of iOS, and although that was using SMIL rather than GSAP, but I doubt that would have made a huge difference.

I would test on other PC machine with the same version of Windows/Chrome.

One question though, is that text an SVG font? or has the text been converted to outlines? 

• 7 months later...