Search Community

Overwriting probs

robertnyc test
Moderator Tag

I've got one MovieClip serving as a dragger -- when I click on it I assign an onEnterFrame event listener (AS3) that each time through TweenMax's it to next position - to the new MouseX more precisely.

I want Movielips INSIDE this MovieClip to spin around their centers, so I also set going a TweenMax for rotation (or I use rotate around center from the GS plugins) -- the problem is this internal rotation stops almost immediately.

The effect I want is a spinning ball I drag around (more or less).

It seems to be due to overwriting. If I set overwriting to NONE it all works ok. But then the dragging is jerky -- as the successive drag tweens (to new MouseX) are not immediately overwriting themselves, I presume.

But if I set overwrite to AUTO, it fails, as per above.

What to do? I'm using latest and greatest GS libs.

Thanks

Robert

Are you saying that you've got nested MovieClips that won't tween when their parent is tweened? I think there must be something else going on. Are you tweening any other properties of those nested clips? Please keep in mind that the transformAroundCenter tweens will overwrite (or be overwritten by depending on the order in which you call them) other x/y/scaleX/scaleY/rotation/width/height tweens of the same object. This is because whenever you update the transform.matrix property, it affects ALL of those properties (x/y/scaleX/scaleY/rotation/width/height). So you can't, for example, have an x/y tween and also a transformAroundCenter one on the same object at the same time.

Does that help?