Search Community

Help! TimelineLite() objects (animations) work in the latest Chromium?

SirBT test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

@Carl thank you very much for the help... Sorry for being unclear here, the chrome version I am referring to is the android app "Chrome Browser - Google" on my phone. Sorry, the app doesn't seem to have a number to indicate the version.

However my animation works perfectly on my chrome desktop Version 48.0.2564.116 Ubuntu 15.10

Anyway my animation only stopped working after the "Chrome Browser - Google" Updated. Am sure if you download and install the latest version of "Chrome Browser - Google" the animation will not work. Do you know what chrome version the animation will work on?

Please help me!

Find following the environment under which my animations refuse to work. I hope this will help! 

Application Version: Chrome Dev 53.0.2785.21

Operating System: Android 5.0.2: HTC One Build/LRX22G

Thank you in advance

SirBT, i see your circle animating, mind you that it is only animating like 4 pixels based on the CSS stylesheet (right: 30px; bottom: 20px;)  and your tween to() values (right: 26, bottom: 20).

I noticed your also testing on a development version of Mobile Google Chrome and not a stable release.

I would highly recommend to test using a stable latest version of Mobile Chrome which is Chrome 51. The same stable version on Desktop Chrome. There are probably bugs or unstable behavior in the mobile development version your testing on!

I tested your codepen on my Motorola Droid turbo with latest Android Build and Mobile Chrome and it interpolated the 4 pixel difference.

Mobile Chrome 51.0.2704.81

Android 5.1.; XT1254 Build/SU4TL-49

:)

• Like 4

@Jonathan

Thanks for the response. I initially tried it on the
Application version: Chrome 51.0.2704.81.
Operating System: Android 5.0.2: HTC One Build/LRX22G

which should be a more stable version but sill not working. What is strange is that it worked perfectly on the  previous Chrome version before I upgraded it. I shouldn't have to downgrade do for it to work should I?

I also run a desktop version of Chromium Version 48.0.2564.116 Ubuntu 15.10 where it runs perfectly, I dare not upgrade the desktop version for obvious reasons.
I have also tested the animation on Mozilla Firefox version 47.0 for Ubuntu Canonical - 1.0 where the animations also works well.

Am I the first one you have come a across with this issue?

Looking forward to your help...

Hello again ;),

I see your codepen working on latest Chrome 51 on windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows 10 (64-bit). I also seeing it work on the latest current build of Android and on Chrome 51 for mobile.

This is not a bug with GSAP, not sure why your not seeing it animate 4 pixels. I would highly recommend that you try to animate the element a larger distance than 4 pixels.. maybe your not seeing it animate the 4 pixel difference.

Also there is no need to add a negative position parameter ("-=0.7"), since that negative relative value for the position parameter would only matter if you had a tween before it.

Here is your same codepen from above that I forked. I made it animate 256 pixels instead of 4 pixels and i still see it animating on Mobile Chrome 51. As well as infinite loop and yoyo:

See the Pen xOWYba by jonathan (@jonathan) on CodePen

We only test in stable versions of browsers and not development versions, since those development versions are not stable and have bugs.

You might want to also test in mobile Opera and mobile Firefox. I saw it animating the same in those mobile browsers  as well.

If you fell that this is a webkit Chrome bug then feel free to submit a Chrome bug report with Google.

https://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines

:)

• Like 4