Search Community

Upload HTML5 creatives easily in DFP with the HTML5 creative type

cshindelbower test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/6396279?hl=en&ref_topic=7041998

Has anyone or their ops team utilized this apparent replacement for the Uploader Tool that was released in January? The previous uploader tool only claimed support for GWD, EDGE and HYPE exported creatives.

This combined with GSAP on Google CDN would seem to be a breakthrough but curious if anyone has real experience utilizing.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Thanks for the demo. 

Quick questions. Does this only happen with SVG background images? If you use a png, gif or jpg do you get the same results?

If you rotate those divs using CSS transforms does it look better?

GSAP has no idea the background image is an SVG and isn't doing anything differently, this really sounds like a rendering bug in IE9 specific to svg backgrounds and transforms.

Please let us know what you find and we will look into it.

Thanks

We have in house AdOps people. I switched to Animate exported canvas banners in January, and sent a test file to make sure it was not going to have the AdOps people say they were not working. It was fine. I am positive people were uploading hand coded banners not exported by any app.

I doubt that GWD, EDGE and HYPE exported creatives were the only type files that worked. All you really needed was a zipped asset file with at least one html file and a working clicktag.

By support I think they meant  don't bug us with questions.

This new HTML5 creative format is good news! Finally we don't have to use the awkward HTML5-to-DFP tool anymore. For us, this also means that we can provide one download format for DoubleClick and it works for both DCM and DFP.

@cshindelbower: I just tested uploading a HTML5 banner created with TweenUI into DFP with this new creative format and it works perfectly with the Google CDN GSAP. 

• Like 1

The previous uploader tool only claimed support for GWD, EDGE and HYPE exported creatives.

Just opened a chat with Google about a 404 in their templates database for a support doc, and the chat rep said "Unfortunately, we don't support Creatives that are built using Animate CC". I had inserted my Animate CC exported canvas stuff into an in page DCRM YT player template.

But what he meant is not that you are restricted to what tools you can use, just that they don't provide chat or email support for technical questions, unless you are using GWD, or just hand coding their HTML5 templates.