Search Community

Tweening fill color

Dimotro test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I stumbled against this issue where i tried to tween a fill color of a path element with a given duration. 

But instead of smoothly tweening the color, it just changes it without tweening. Any ideas? I have checked out some topics with femilliar issues, but there the codepen just works with practically the same code.

Thanks in advance,

Dimotro

See the Pen ezgbKv by anon (@anon) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi Dimotro  :)

Welcome to the GreenSock forums. 

That's happening because you have your fill initially set to none in your CSS. So the tween didn't really having a starting point for the color fade in. You can fix that by setting your fill to transparent in your CSS and it should work just fine for you.

//switch this
.st5{fill:none;stroke:#E0B03B;stroke-miterlimit:10;}
// to this
.st5{fill:transparent;stroke:#E0B03B;stroke-miterlimit:10;}

Hopefully that helps.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1

Hi Dimotro  :)

Welcome to the GreenSock forums. 

That's happening because you have your fill initially set to none in your CSS. So the tween didn't really having a starting point for the color fade in. You can fix that by setting your fill to transparent in your CSS and it should work just fine for you.

//switch this
.st5{fill:none;stroke:#E0B03B;stroke-miterlimit:10;}
// to this
.st5{fill:transparent;stroke:#E0B03B;stroke-miterlimit:10;}

Hopefully that helps.

Happy tweening.

:)

Hi PointC,

I was quite sure i already tried giving all boxes a background color of the background beneath, so they actually had a color.

But i realized some plug-ins were not included and re-rolled the change back to none (after including the missing files)  :?

Makes sense to me now :)

Thanks for the quick response!