Search Community

motionBlur + dynamic image = fail

jjmorga test
Moderator Tag

Hey all,

Here is the symptoms:

A static embedded movieclip is tweened from point A to point B with the new motionBlur filter applied. Works great offline in a static enviroment. When used online on the same stage as a movieclip that is loading in a external image it seems to switch off all motionBlur ability permanently. Once a dynamic image is loaded into any other movieclips (not the one I'm tweening with motionBlur mind you) it disables the filter altogether for future use. Very strange indeed.

I have debugged for a couple hours to come to this conclusion, my straight forward test code is below. Any insights, hints, or musings are greatly appreciated.

System.security.allowDomain("*");
import com.greensock.TweenMax;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin]);
TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin]); //only do this once in your SWF to activate the plugin

loadBackground();

function loadBackground(){
   var movieClipLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
   movieClipLoader.loadClip("image01.jpg", loader_mc);
   var list = new Object();
   list.onLoadInit = function(target_mc:MovieClip) 
   {
	TweenMax.to(ball_mc, 1, {_x:Stage.width, _y:Stage.height/2, motionBlur:{strength:5, quality:1}});
   }
   movieClipLoader.addListener(list);
}

Flash will not allow any kind of BitmapData effects to be applied to any images/SWFs loaded from another domain unless there's a crossdomain.xml file at that other domain that specifically grants permission to your domain. I'd be willing to bet that's the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very tough to troubleshoot blind - not sure what to tell you. I thought you said it did work locally. Are you just saying it breaks when you throttle the bandwidth down? Have you tried applying other BitmapData effects apart from TweenMax to see if those work? If they don't, then you know the problem has nothing to do with TweenMax and most likely is a security issue. Otherwise, please post an FLA that clearly demonstrates the issue (don't forget to zip the file first)