Search Community

Change Timelinemax Values After Page Load

Sam H. test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Sam H.,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

is there a way to change the value of the timeline after the page has loaded? For example, i have a responsive website we're working on and i need to split two panels together on the page 50/50. when i reach a certain breakpoint the spilt percentage of each needs to change to something like 60/40.

Is there a way to update the values after the page has loaded?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam :)

I'm not sure I completely understand your scenario, but you can kill() a tween or set up a new one that overwrites the old. You could also feed variables into it via a window resize event. Without seeing some code, it's hard to say the best way to achieve your goal. 

If you could please create a CodePen for us, there are a lot of great people around here that can give you some answers.

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/9002-read-this-first-how-to-create-a-codepen-demo/

Thanks and happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1

• Solution

I got this to work. for some reason it wasn't rendering the animation on resize but when i changed the staggerFrom's to staggerFromTo's it worked fine. I also threw a nice little debounce function in there as well and all seems good to go! thanks.