Search Community

Adding particle effects to Banner (Beginner)

Buster test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Ok I have edited this post because since I started I have started to make things work with my own persistence.

I have implemented this effect into a banner.

See the Pen wBGvgW by MAW (@MAW) on CodePen

Can someone tell me what to add to make it stop after a certain time for example 10 seconds?

It seems to have a timeline of its own which I cannot control with the pause function. Also I don't seem to be able to put it on a specific level.. it is always on the top of everything. 

Many thanks.

Hi Buster,

The repeat is on -1 which will repeat infinitely, so if you change that to something like 5, for example, it should only repeat 5x.

TweenMax.to(elm,R(0,5)+3,{y:h,ease:Linear.easeNone,repeat:5, delay:-5});

To set this on it's own layer, you should wrap it in it's own <div> and then set the position to absolute and the z-index to whatever you'd like, and that should give you the control to place this on whatever layer you'd like.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Ok...

Did you managed to get this to work in a banner? I have been making banners for a year now using Animate CC only and I am so struggling with getting Particles into a banner while keeping the whole ting under 150kbs :(