Search Community

Tell draggable to use translateX/translateY instead of translate3d

BlackArtNet test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Is there a way to force draggable plugin into using plain translateX/translateY instead of translate3D?

Using 3D transformation in Chrome always ends with blurry result (not something Greensock could possibly fix unfortunately) and in my case its very important to keep very crisp and sharp shapes.

Thank You!

Wow that did help instantly, thanks!

IMHO the parameter name is quite misleading, I knew of its existence but didnt event tried it because of its name.

I'm not using throwProps but its a known issue with Chrome: It's engine converts transformed content (when You are using translate3D) into texture to provide GFX acceleration.

The only workaround I know is to oversize content by a large margin, remembering to keep negative Z value, it works because this way You end with higher resolution textures.

• Like 1

Yeah, ever since force3D became "auto" enabled, people have forgotten all about it, but it can definitely clear things. I asked about the throwProps because that is when it seems to most noticeable. I tried making a responsive Draggable a long time ago, but that blurriness really bothered me. If you drag, not throw, the box in this demo, you can see it almost jump an entire pixel when you release the mouse.

See the Pen azMONr?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen