Search Community

ScrollMagic Pin "Jitter"

ladyRalph test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm new to ScrollMagic and GSAP, and I've run into a problem with a site I'm making. The second section is all parallaxing clouds, with the section being pinned at the top of the screen.

The issue is that on the pin trigger, there is a 'jitter' that happens, which (I'm assuming) is caused by the horizontal scrollbar showing up. If I hide it, there is a vertical scrollbar within the section (also not desired). 

After some testing to narrow down the problem, I have found it only happens when the cloud in the section flows off of the right side of the screen. I need the overflow-x to be hidden while having overflow-y visible, to go with the design of the site.

See the Pen NNVdeR by ladyRalph (@ladyRalph) on CodePen

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Not sure I'm understanding what I'm supposed to be seeing. I don't see the clouds move at all and I'm not seeing a jitter or any scrollbars showing up suddenly.

Unfortunately I'm not very well versed with ScrollMagic and this seems like it's most likely an issue with the css or structure or the page.

oh, it looks like FireFox but not Chrome is doing the horizontal scroll.

Not sure what you need to do at the moment.

We really try to keep our support laser focused on issues directly related to the GSAP API so that everyone can get our help when needed. 

• Like 1