Search Community

How to create CSS opacity gradient without darker lines / stripes effect?

galahad9gr test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everybody

I am getting frustrated a lot.

How to get this boxshadow look without darker lines/ stripes?

The box shadow looks darker than the rest of the background or the inner picture rectangle while having the same colors.

I don't understand this. In Photoshop this looks good. Using CSS it is so ugly! =(

Please help me!

Kind regards,

Matt

See the Pen yJLabO by galahad9co (@galahad9co) on CodePen

Hi galahad9gr. Welcome to the forums. 

We really try to keep these forums focused on GSAP-specific questions. It looks like your question is purely about CSS and you're not even using GSAP in that demo (although you're a Shockingly Green member, so clearly you're a GSAP person which is great!). I wish we had the resources to offer free consulting for all types of web development issues/questions, and perhaps someone here has the time and inclination to pitch in to help you (I hope so), but you might want to try a more appropriate venue like the CSS Tricks forums or Stack Overflow. 

The codepen you included seemed to be attempting to link to local images and style sheets and stuff, so you might want to clean that up first. Oh, and you don't need to add <html>, <head> or <body> tags in a codepen (those are injected for you).