Search Community

Flash Pro CC 2014 and GSAP Position Problem

Modernfx test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by somnamblst,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get GSAP working withing Flash Pro CC 2014. I've set up my HTML included all the files I need.

Everything seems to be working fine except that when I try and do a basic Y position tween it ends up off by

about 20-30px.

Below is my example

I have a test flash canvas file in that file I have 2 rectangles which I am trying to animate as a test.

In the actions panel I have the following script:

TweenLite.to(this.redStripe, 0.5, {y:176, delay:0.5})  ->  (this ends up about 20-30px UP on the Y)

TweenLite.to(this.blueStripe, 0.5, {y:0, delay:1}) ->  (this ends up about 20-30px UP on the Y)

MY HTML FILE:

https://jsfiddle.net/ModernFX/1bnppgvh/2/

If anyone would be so kind and take a look at my files...

My files are attached.

Thank you in advance.

FlashIDE-GSAP.zip

• Solution

Where is your registration point?

http://greensock.com/animatecc-quickstart

Move Transformation Point

Previously with ActionScript our GSAP tweens would transform around the Registration Point, however this is no longer the case when tweening inside of an Adobe Animate HTML5 Canvas document. Now when tweening by code with GSAP the transformation occurs around the Transformation Point, not the Registration Point. You can move the Transformation Point using the Free Transform Tool to any position you want.

• Like 1