Search Community

Passing DoubleClick Validator but no animation in Preview?

schooolman test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

So I have created some animated banner ads for work, and when our connections team is trying to traffic them the animations aren't playing and are stuck at the opening frame.

I have run the files through the validator on doubleclick and the banners pass all of the checks, but when the preview shows up the same thing is happening. The animation never plays.

I have checked everything locally and it will play fine from my machine, I have hosted it online and it plays fine there, but for some reason it will not play when it is uploaded and trafficked.

Has anyone had this issue before, or have any insight as to what might be going on? I have tried a million things, and I have had plenty of banners pass through the check and work fine before.

I'm only using GSAP and jQuery in my javascript and everything is sourced right, yet it is refusing to play.

Any help is immensely appreciated, thanks!

-Jake

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses to you both, back at trying to figure out what's going on. I've already used the GSAP hosted by DC and I have zero errors in my console. So frustrating. I'm going to try and take jQuery out of my JS file and see if that helps.

I'm going to try and think of a way that I can show you my code without breaking any disclosure issues as well.

Thank you again for the input!

Well thank you to everyone that responded, I figured out the issue. It was a piece of code in the javascript that the original designer had in the javascript. I swear it's always the thing staring you right in the face that is breaking everything.

Thanks again!

• Like 3