Search Community

ThrowPropsPlugin overshootTolerance Problem/Question

G. Scott test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Having a hard time using the ThrowProps Plugin, specifically accessing the overshootTolerance, minDuration and maxDuration. (Also having a hard time accessing the ThrowProps help page on your site... Spinner keeps spinning but text doesn't expand.

Anyway, after hours with this and reading other forum questions, the only way I can seem to access any of these settings is to reference the ThrowPropsPlugin like this before I call my ThrowPropsPlugin.to function:

ThrowPropsPlugin[0].overshootTolerance = .2;
ThrowPropsPlugin.to($div, {throwProps:{x:{end:900, velocity:"auto"}}, onComplete:function(){
   alert("Completed!");
}});

Is this the best way? Its the only way I can seem to make it work.

But secondly, when I DO set the overshootTolerance, the onComplete function never fires! Works perfectly as long as I don't set the overshootTolerance, however I need to control the end position and how much it is overshooting the bounds. Also tried snapping, however the way the div snaps back to the original position if you don't flick it hard enough is undesirable.

I know you guys like Codepen, but I'm in a bit of a time crunch right now. Hoping I can get a little guidance. THANKS!

Hi G. Scott,

So sorry the docs aren't behaving. We will look into that ASAP. Very frustrating for sure.

I am literally on a conference call at the moment but I'm hoping this demo helps a little to illustrate how overshoot tolerance works:

http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/MyXPRa?editors=1111

We will definitely follow up with you when we can and do our best to get the docs fixed. I'm confident the info in the docs will be a huge help once you can access them.

• Like 2

Sheesh! I thought you guys forgot about me! Guess I forgot to follow the topic... my bad:-) I was up against it so I worked through an alternate solution. But will look at the example you provided and see if it shines any light. THANKS! 

• Like 1