Search Community

New system and user - Adobe Animate from CS6 Project

stevespaw test
Moderator Tag

Hello, I am so exited to use TweenMax but I am a flash novice.

I want to start by tweaking a friends project and changing out some graphics, but Nothing I do will get these to work.

I have attached a couple of samples, I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell how to make these simple examples work in my system so I can learn and train some students.

I have the New Animate and Windows 10 64bit , if that matters in any way.

I do not have the com folder in this obviously.

Thanks,

Steve

SamplesFromCS6.zip

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

I opened up your file but there really isn't anything we can do with it as it seems to missing some dependencies and is throwing a bunch of errors.

aQm2snX.png

Instead I made a very simple fla for you and included the most recent GreenSock files and attached a zip for you.

The code is very basic:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenMax.to(mc, 1, {x:400, rotation:360, ease:Bounce.easeOut, repeat:1, repeatDelay:1});

You should be able to open and publish the fla and see a working TweenMax animation.

You can read the TweenLite and TweenMax docs if you want to learn more: http://greensock.com/asdocs/

However, I'd encourage you to focus on and learn the JS / HTML5 version of our platform. We do not actively develop ActionScript tools anymore and our support is limited to addressing critical bugs. Its been about 3 years since we have touched the ActionScript tools. The market has spoken and there is huge demand for HTML5 animation solutions and that is where our passion and attention is laser-focused. 

Start here: http://greensock.com/gsap if you want to see what GSAP for JavaScript can do. That page links out to many great resources for learning. 

Also, since this is a Flash related post I am going to move it to our archived Flash forum.

AS3-Demo.zip

• Like 1