Search Community

jQuery each with delay - call next timeline when all are done

PointC test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've managed to confuse myself today. :)

I have a group of 5 elements that all do something a bit different based on their index as well as an index based delayed start. So far no problem - jQuery's each method works fine for that. I have more animations that I want to play after the last 'each' timeline has finished though.

I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to make sure the last 'each' timeline is finished before calling the function with the next timeline. I currently have the function call on the 'each' timelines, but that's obviously not right because it will be called 5 times. 

Should I be creating a master timeline from the 5 'each' timelines and calling the function at the end of that master? or is jQuery's each method not the best choice here? Should I be using a regular loop and creating those 5 timelines? What's the easiest way to make this happen?

Thanks.

See the Pen MyVoaE by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Good grief!  I knew I just read that answer not too long ago, but couldn't remember which post it was. 

I even searched the forum - not sure how I missed that.

I even got some sleep last night so I have no excuse.

Blake schools the new moderator. :-P  

Edit - just saw your post Diaco. I like that too. Thanks much.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...