Search Community

banner syncronitzation

anusky test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Greensockers!!!!!!

Any tip for banner ssyncronitzation?

I will try to explain my doubt/problem

I just have a wallpaper banner which includes two banner pieces format 728x90/160x600 which share in some point animations.

I just create separately the banner animations, one banner of 728x90 and one banner of 160x600,  and then just create an html of 1000x1000 with two iframes which charge the two banners, for try to ajust the syncronitzation.

But obviusly they are not syncronize at all...: (

My problem is!!!How can I syncronize the two banners for they star at the same time?

Any tip?

Any recomendation?

Thanks to ypu all!!!!!

You are just amazing!

post-41884-0-79259100-1459785938_thumb.png

Lately I found a prototype of a fireplace ad in Googles Rich Media Gallery which includes the tools you need to get the single ads in sync:

https://www.richmediagallery.com/detailPage?id=8135

it took me a while to get it - but basically you need to 'connect' the ads and broadcast messages between them to control the animation start.

check out my (rough) try based on the above prototype - and please don't be afraid of the (design and code) eyesore you will find: it's been just a test!!! :D

http://dev.vadvance.com/project/demo/fireplaceAd/test/test_index.html

a few things i noticed:

• since communication between the ads takes a little while it's not enough to broadcast a simple "go". The trick is to refer to an independent timer, in this case i decided to refer to the users system date/time.
    I ended up calculating an overall delay for message transfer and processing, added a few ms as a buffer and calculated a start date/time to broadcast. This way i got an 99.9% sync when starting the ads. You might need to modify the delay caluclations according to your environment.
  • starting the ads synced is only half of the trick. Depending on a bunch of factors (total duration, loop or non-loop, other ads on the page handbreaking the anims,...) you might have to check if the ads are still in snyc every now and then (and maybe bring them back in sync).
    As my customer cancelled the project all of a sudden i didn't have a chance to investigate any deeper yet.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Gatekeeper74

• Like 3

Hi Anusky,

This would fall under Rich Media banners. Do you know which ad vendor will be serving your synched banners?

Hi somnabist!!!

This ad is for and prepare for flashtalking...What do you think?

Thanks!

Lately I found a prototype of a fireplace ad in Googles Rich Media Gallery which includes the tools you need to get the single ads in sync:

https://www.richmediagallery.com/detailPage?id=8135

it took me a while to get it - but basically you need to 'connect' the ads and broadcast messages between them to control the animation start.

check out my (rough) try based on the above prototype - and please don't be afraid of the (design and code) eyesore you will find: it's been just a test!!! :D

http://dev.vadvance.com/project/demo/fireplaceAd/test/test_index.html

a few things i noticed:

• since communication between the ads takes a little while it's not enough to broadcast a simple "go". The trick is to refer to an independent timer, in this case i decided to refer to the users system date/time.

I ended up calculating an overall delay for message transfer and processing, added a few ms as a buffer and calculated a start date/time to broadcast. This way i got an 99.9% sync when starting the ads. You might need to modify the delay caluclations according to your environment.

• starting the ads synced is only half of the trick. Depending on a bunch of factors (total duration, loop or non-loop, other ads on the page handbreaking the anims,...) you might have to check if the ads are still in snyc every now and then (and maybe bring them back in sync).

As my customer cancelled the project all of a sudden i didn't have a chance to investigate any deeper yet.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Gatekeeper74

Thanks a lot for you quick answer!!!!!!!!!!

Good job and good explanation!

I love your example!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Hi somnabist!!!

This ad is for and prepare for flashtalking...What do you think?

Thanks!

I have experience with Pointroll and Doubleclick. But each vendor has it's own API which is why contacting the vendor is always a first step.

They even call them different names. Like Tandem or Local Connection.

• Like 2