Search Community

How to pass element to onComplete function?

dwillis test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

I'm new to GSAP (and loving it!) and I'm trying to figure out how to pass a reference to the DOM element I'm tweening to the onComplete function. I've tried the following:

TweenLite.to($("#content li")[i], 1, {top:"150%", onCompleteParams:[lmnt], onComplete:function(){
                console.log(lmnt); //Uncaught ReferenceError: lmnt is not defined
            }}); 

TweenLite.to($("#content li")[i], 1, {top:"150%", onCompleteParams:["lmnt"], onComplete:function(){
                console.log(lmnt); //Uncaught ReferenceError: lmnt is not defined
            }});

TweenLite.to($("#content li")[i], 1, {top:"150%", onComplete:function(){
                console.log(this); //appears to be TweenLite object--instanceof HTMLElement is false
            }});

TweenLite.to($("#content li")[i], 1, {top:"150%", onCompleteScope:this, onComplete:function(){
                console.log(this.toString()); //[object Window]
            }});

How can I pass reference the DOM element that just finished tweening? I'm trying to reset the top parameter to it's starting value so the next time it tweens it will be starting from the beginning instead of the end. Halp?

Thanks!

Hi Diaco! Thanks for the quick response!

I tried this:

TweenLite.to($("#content li")[i], 1, {top:"150%", onCompleteScope:this.target, onComplete:function(){
                console.log(this); //appears to be TweenLite object
            }});

It seems like this gives me the same result as leaving off the onCompleteParams and onCompleteScope parameters all together.