Search Community

Smooth easeOut killAll()

fripi test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to smoothly kill all tweens after the standard 15s animations.

For example I have an ad in which I made an horizontal paralax animation of the background in 5 layers.

After 15s I need to stop it but killAll is brutal, is there another way, to ease all tweens down smoothly in 1s for example?

var tweenBg5 = TweenMax.to(bg5,speed*6,{css:{left:-1200},repeatDelay:0,useFrames:false,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});
var tweenBg4 = TweenMax.to(bg4,speed*6,{css:{left:-1200},repeatDelay:0,useFrames:false,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});
var tweenBg3 = TweenMax.to(bg3,speed*2,{css:{left:-1200},repeatDelay:0,useFrames:false,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});
var tweenBg2 = TweenMax.to(bg2,speed,{css:{left:-1200},repeatDelay:0,useFrames:false,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});
var tweenBg1 = TweenMax.to(bg1,speed/2,{css:{left:-1200},repeatDelay:0,useFrames:false,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});

TweenMax.delayedCall(15, timelineDone);
function timelineDone(){
    animOver = true;
    TweenMax.killAll();
}

Here's an example of an ad in which I would like to apply it:

http://www.sharpness.be/demo/201604_keyplan/20160401_KTB_keyplan_v1_600x500_NL/

• Solution

You can tween the timeScale() of all of them

TweenLite.to([tweenBg5, tweenBg45, tweenBg3], 1, {timeScale:0});

Or since you are loading TweenMax, just use TimelineLite.exportRoot(); which will wrap all your loose tweens in a TimelineLite and then you can tween the timeScale() of that timeline

var tl = TimelineLite.exportRoot();
TweenLite.to(tl, 0.5, {timeScale:0});

http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/GSAP/TimelineLite/exportRoot/

• Like 5

If I am already using TimelineMax in my work, does it change anything if I call

TimelineLite.exportRoot(); or is it then better to continue with TimelineMax.exportRoot(); to avoid loading another timeline method?

Also Diaco do I need to kill it if I use the exportRoot method or is it only usefull if I use the first method Carl explained?

Ok so my final version, just to sum up, is to replace this

TweenMax.killAll();

with

var tll = TimelineLite.exportRoot();
TweenLite.to(tll, 1, {timeScale:0, onComplete:function(){ tll.kill() }});

works great thanks all

• Like 1