Search Community

GreenSock Easing Playground

PointC test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey everyone,

Warning: self-promotion to follow, but it may help other forum members so here we go. :)

As you already know, easing is an important part of creating a great animation. If you’re at all like me, you like to experiment with a variety of eases and get a feel for how they work in your project. With that in mind, I’ve created a new GreenSock Easing Playground. Yes – we have the Ease Visualizer which is great and I highly recommend it. I wanted to create something a bit different though.

My new CodePen offers position, scale and rotation options with 15 ease types in each section. It’s all one big SVG with 45 animations and fully ready to zoom with the viewBox controls. I’ve added a variety of icon choices and color schemes as well.

Hopefully you get some use out of it or at least a reminder of how some of the eases look.

rLH9wdD.jpg

Special thanks to @greensock, @sarah_edo (Sarah Drasner), @vlh (Val Head) and @snorklTV (Carl Schooff) for the tweets/retweets this morning. It helped push my pen to the top of CodePen for a while which was pretty cool.  8-)

See the Pen RaVEpP by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

• Like 8

Special thanks to @greensock, @sarah_edo (Sarah Drasner), @vlh (Val Head) and @snorklTV (Carl Schooff) for the tweets/retweets this morning. It helped push my pen to the top of CodePen for a while which was pretty cool.  8-)

What'd I tell you? Works every time. 

It's also a great way to market your business. I've only been using Twitter, CodePen, and the GSAP forums for a little over year, and don't actively market myself, but you'd be surprised by how much interest gets generated just by being active on those 3 places. It's also pretty interesting to hear how GSAP is perceived by other people. GSAP's name seems to get around in a good way, and a lot people will not accept anything less, thus, my value just increased several fold.

Once you start to get noticed, you'll probably start getting get thank you messages from people who found your work to be very helpful. And in some cases you might even come across something you made on another website. That seems to happen a lot with some of the Draggable stuff I made. Here's the latest one I came across on Cosmopolitan. Just click the Start the Puzzle button.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/news/a52710/arrange-these-movies-by-number-of-oscar-nominations-quiz/

Just keep making cool stuff and you'll get those retweets!

• Like 3

@Carl - thanks much. The GreenSock re-tweet was picked up pretty quickly by Val and Sarah and from there my Twitter alerts were active all day. It was a lot of fun.

@Blake - yep I give you credit. Your comment on my house tour pen prompted me to finally set up a Twitter account and get into this social game.

@Jonathan - thank you kindly Sir. 

@Rodrigo - please come by more often. Showing up under the cover of darkness is fine too.  :ph34r:

@all of you forum mods and ninjas. Thanks for creating a helpful, friendly community. I've learned so much around here since I got active on the forum last summer. You all inspire me to keep on learning and creating.

:)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...