Search Community

Cool new heroes leader-board!

PointC test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Glad you like it. We're installing a special cable modem at Jonathan's house that throttles his internet connection down to 56kbps all day every Monday :)

We're hoping the leaderboard will help our Heroes shine and encourage others to participate. 

It seems you have already established yourself among the elite. Congratulations and Thank YOU!

• Like 5

Jonathan actually has a really good system in place to boost his score. At least once a day somebody is going to start a new topic about a scaling issue or blurry text, and 3-4 times a week somebody is start a new topic about an SVG animation not working correctly in IE. He caught on to this pattern, and started archiving his responses, which he rotates regularly. This allows him to post a well thought out response while the rest of us are still reading the user's question.

• Like 5

Ah, nothing like a little public competition to kindle the fire of war.

I say, Jonathan has to submit proof that he is not an AI bot developed by Mozilla to test the limits of their online documentation. Until then, all his points should be 1/50 of the actual count.

• Like 5

I am getting a feeling this new scoreboard might have backfired with me...

In another thread, Blake made a nice comment and I hovered the mouse over the "like" button for a couple of seconds pondering how much I would hurt my chances of staying in the board by giving him the "point".

Clearly, I am very competitive... :P

ps: In the end I did press "like"... Some things you can't change. Being under the shadow of some people here is one of them.

• Like 5

Hahaha .. you guys are cracking me up! :D

Actually only half of my brain is a cybernetic A.I. that is linked to the Mozilla servers. But it seems I have a big bottle-neck in my post archive, and something is not computing right.. due to Carl throttling my internet speed down to 56kbps! :(

Well played Good Sir :)

• Like 4

Hey Pedro (dipscom)

Thanks for your transparency. 

I'm sure you're not the only one that has considered briefly to withhold a like and I'm sure others will. Its one of the known downsides of introducing something like this. However, as you have proven, the folks that help out around here have a high level of integrity and an innate passion for sharing. I also have a hunch that most enjoy giving likes as much as they do receiving them. So despite whatever lapses into self-preservation and "like-hording" we may all suffer I'm confident that the Heroes board will accurately reward those that sow into the forums. 

If it doesn't work out, our Plan B (my initial Plan A) is the "Wall of Shame" ;)

• Like 5