Search Community

New HTML5 banner specific Animate CC blog post from Adobe

somnamblst test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Corey Hudson wrote:

the key to unlocking all of the powerful ad creation capabilities of Adobe Animate mainly lies in understanding how to properly configure and utilize the Publish Settings. Knowing how to best use these settings will allow you to truly get the most out of what Adobe Animate has to offer ad creators. The Publish Settings dialog box for HTML5 Canvas has been revamped in the latest Adobe Animate release and I can tell you that there are a ton of useful goodies packed inside.

http://blogs.adobe.com/animate/need-html5-ads-adobe-animate-cc-to-the-rescue/

• Like 4

I have a question about this best practice. If the static text, which has been converted to a movieclip, has two tweens, placement and opacity at each end, is it considered a good candidate for cache as bitmap, or is that just for text that isn't animated in any way? Static text can have two meanings in Animate CC. Does not change over time, or not dynamic or input text.

Once you have your Static Text fields contained within MovieClips you should then set each to “Cache as Bitmap” which can be done from the Properties panel under Display/Render. This will improve performance by lessening the work the CPU has to do because the complex vector drawing calculations won't have to be repeatedly processed on every stage tick. Very similar to what was available with your AS3 projects, you can also leverage bitmap caching with your Canvas projects as well. This functionality allows you to pre-render complex graphics to an off-screen bitmap, so it does not have to be rendered on each frame. This can provide significant performance benefits when used appropriately with static assets. The rules for using bitmap caching are similar to using it with AS3, use it only on static content, and only when the complexity of the graphics are sufficient to warrant its use. This is because bitmap caching creates new bitmaps, which use both RAM and graphics memory. The latter is limited on mobile devices and overuse can cause performance problems. Static text that has been converted to outlines will often fall into the category of an asset that would warrant using “Cache as Bitmap”.

I'm pretty sure doing alpha and position tweens are fine with cacheAsBitmap. Once you rotate or scale then you lose benefits as pixels get stretched and new anti-aliasing needs to be applied.

Pretty sure he meant "static" text as in a text field that is not dynamic.

You can also ask Cory directly. All contact info on blog post.

Thanks Carl,

I posted a comment to the blog post that is still under moderation regarding the AdStarter FLA linked to the White Paper.

The file is hanging on the preloader, the Dev tools errors make no sense and commenting out the preloader does nothing.

I don't have time to do anymore troubleshooting, so it is attached in case it is just some weird Enterprise security issue on my end.  

The publish profile Cory created looks awesome, as it is taking advantage of the AdHelper.js, and I was hoping to incorporate some of the things it is doing into my own publish profile.

It also has GSAP baked in  :ugeek:

AdStarterFLA.zip