Search Community

TweenMax and ScrollMagic in Rails

Meds86 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm very new to web dev. I'm creating my first app.

When I integrate my front end into my back end (Rails). I'm getting

animation.gsap.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addOption' of undefined

not sure what to do.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

I'm not aware of where 'addOption' appears in our codebase. Is it possible there is other code in animation.gsap.min.js?

The best thing to do in development while troubleshooting errors is to use un-minified javascript.

Can you share a link to your website or an unminified version of the gsap.min.js file? Without that or more information it is going to be very difficult to figure this out.

I included this link into the application.html.erb file in my app.

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ScrollMagic/2.0.3/plugins/animation.gsap.min.js"></script>

I changed the order of how the plugins were getting read and the error is no longer showing up. However I still have this one error..

ScrollMagic.Controller is not a constructor (the line its referring to is the one below)

var controller = new ScrollMagic.Controller();

I realize you may not know this one as this may not be greensock related.. but thought I'd try.

Thanks for the support Carl.

P.S. This is my github account for the app https://github.com/naemcivic/tutoru/tree/front

Hmm I noticed since it using jquery scrollmagic plugin I have to use jquery syntax. 

example on scrollmagic site is to do 

var scene = new $.ScrollMagic.Controller

It hasn't worked but it got rid of the old error and gave me a new error (below) which I feel is one step closer to getting it to work.

Cannot read property 'Controller' of undefined

I'll try to figure it out. But thanks for support Carl.