Search Community

Bound draggable at top only

wind_kind test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've tried a couple of things now but I need help with this please.

I have a draggable block that I want to restrict from going past the top of the screen but should be able to drag past the bottom fully. If you view the pen I did, you will see an arrow/tab at the bottom. Ideally this tab will be halfway visible at the bottom and when the block is dragged all the way up the bottom half should be visible plus 5px of the grey background.

So when dragging the red block to the top it should stop 5px before so I don't see the grey peeking out at the bottom. So far I can drag it all the way and then I did some checks to just get the red block in place but I have to get those bounds right.

Like I said, I tried using hitTest and some of my own logic and checking the element Y position etc but my knowledge with this is limited.

See the Pen grrYOP by anon (@anon) on CodePen