Search Community

Question with text

Cothien test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

This is probably a really simple thing that I am missing. I am still trying to learn GSAP.

Currently trying to learn the timeline feature and was making a simple animation that would have text appear at the end of the animation. However I can't seem to get the text to appear/change.

I spent some time looking over the TextPlugin Starter Pen and even a little more confused on what I am missing. Even made a simple test div outside what I was working on to see if I could get that to change the text and couldn't. I just don't see what I am missing.

See the Pen BKoxXZ by Cothien (@Cothien) on CodePen

Hi Cothien  :)

Looks like you're missing the text plugin. You can add that with this:

http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/1.18.2/plugins/TextPlugin.min.js

You also had your div ID a little off.

//just switch this:
<div id="#test">yrdy</div>
//to this
<div id="test">yrdy</div>

If you add that plugin and make that small switch to the div ID, it all works perfectly.

Hopefully that helps.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I can't believe I didn't add the text plugin. Thought I did blah...

The # in the div name was after lots and lots of renaming and copy pasting things to match. 

Hopefully  that will be the most obvious mistake I make while learning this stuff.