Search Community

event propigation issue in Firefox and Edge

jimeast test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

My project works fine in codepen, Chrome, and Opera but not in Microsoft Edge or Firefox (latest versions of both).  You can see the problem if you use FF or Edge to navagate to http://www.jimslounge.com/fplanet/  You can move the player around just fine and you can actually work the audio controls but the pointer icon is stuck on move so it's confusing to use.  

My script only has one line of code it is Draggable.create("#player");  I'm wondering exactly how I would prevent propigation on that.

See the Pen xVGgey by jimeast (@jimeast) on CodePen

That fixed it,  I didn't know you could refer to id as a class, I have much to learn.  Thanks a bunch.

On further review I find if I comment out or remove the trigger entry in css it makes no difference if I setup the trigger entry as a class it doesn't work at all.  As long as there is no entry for trigger in the styles and every span element has a class of trigger I can drag the player as long as the mouse is over the text of the span.  This works the same in all browsers.