Search Community

[HELP] Need vote for getting start my JS

dalisoft test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Poll  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is my code Ripp-off of GSAP?

• Yes, absolutely
    • Partly, stop do that
    • Partly, but keep to do
    • No, its different

Hi @GreenSock and other GSAP contributors.

Here link: https://github.com/dalisoft/Unim.js

Here GitHub vote issue page: https://github.com/dalisoft/Unim.js/issues/1

Some peoples say, it's ripp-off of GreenSock, but i maked this product, but syntax is inspired by GreenSock. Please vote to poll with Issue #1. Your poll/vote is important for me

Where are people saying that? I looked at it real quick, but I can't tell. The only thing I saw that was copied was some code from Phaser.

In my friends said, i don't know Phaser, but maked this from Tween.js (made by @sole).

I know i fan of GSAP, because i maked syntax like GSAP. GSAP has ton of features, my js hasn't that features.

Thanks for reply, anyway.

Yeah,  I see the same code in Tween.js, although I'm not sure if Phaser's tweening engine is based on Tween.js or it's the other way around. But they're both MIT licensed.

https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/tree/master/src/tween

Here's the code I was talking about. It's in your Interpolation and Utils.

https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/c9c85330ab60547b39ba4c9400c258ed7fb2a317/src/math/Math.js#L616-L773

• Like 1

Yeah,  I see the same code in Tween.js, although I'm not sure if Phaser's tweening engine is based on Tween.js or it's the other way around. But they're both MIT licensed.

https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/tree/master/src/tween

Here's the code I was talking about. It's in your Interpolation and Utils.

https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/c9c85330ab60547b39ba4c9400c258ed7fb2a317/src/math/Math.js#L616-L773

Thanks, so i can continue (keep) doing my js?

with GSAP code will not be any problem?

Because some of syntax is like same.

• Solution

Congratulations on all your efforts. And thanks for the kind words about GSAP. I guess they say that copying is the most sincere form of flattery :)

We certainly don't claim to "own" a certain syntax. I must admit, however, that it can be a little discouraging when we sink so much time into crafting the API and codebase and then someone copies large portions of it and releases a competing library as a "free" alternative and then asks for our blessing. But I've learned the hard way over the years that writing the code is one of the least time-intensive parts of the whole endeavor when releasing a library for public consumption. It's dwarfed by all the ongoing support demands, documentation, refinement, bug fixes, etc. which is why we don't use an MIT license (see http://greensock.com/why-license/ for more details). 

I totally understand how exciting it can be to create something like this and share it with the world, and I wish you the best. I can't really endorse your library/API but as long as you're not using any of our code you should be fine. It sounds like you didn't really copy anything except portions of the syntax. 

Good luck with your project, and happy tweening!

• Like 8

Congratulations on all your efforts. And thanks for the kind words about GSAP. I guess they say that copying is the most sincere form of flattery :)

We certainly don't claim to "own" a certain syntax. I must admit, however, that it can be a little discouraging when we sink so much time into crafting the API and codebase and then someone copies large portions of it and releases a competing library as a "free" alternative and then asks for our blessing. But I've learned the hard way over the years that writing the code is one of the least time-intensive parts of the whole endeavor when releasing a library for public consumption. It's dwarfed by all the ongoing support demands, documentation, refinement, bug fixes, etc. which is why we don't use an MIT license (see http://greensock.com/why-license/ for more details). 

I totally understand how exciting it can be to create something like this and share it with the world, and I wish you the best. I can't really endorse your library/API but as long as you're not using any of our code you should be fine. It sounds like you didn't really copy anything except portions of the syntax. 

Good luck with your project, and happy tweening!

Thanks.

I writed here, because, if i there get more "ripp-off" vote, i close my js.

I can keep/continue update my js? or i need stop.

I copied some syntax (exactly most syntax). Code isn't copied. You can check my js code.

Thanks again.

Sorry, i no know english good.

I appreciate you asking permission about proceeding - I just don't feel like I'm in a position to make that decision for you. Based on the fact that nobody has cast a single vote yet, I think they're all in a similar boat - there's not enough info yet in your repo to determine how closely the API matches. Maybe once your docs are more filled in and you have a lot of examples, then people might feel more comfortable offering feedback or voting in the poll. 

I'm kinda curious why you felt the need to create this library in the first place, especially if you were a fan of using GSAP. Is there something we could do better? Is there a deficiency we could shore up somewhere? (Not that there's anything wrong with creating another animation library - I'm just trying to understand the motivation and whether or not we've let you down somehow). 

Best wishes!

• Like 1

I appreciate you asking permission about proceeding - I just don't feel like I'm in a position to make that decision for you. Based on the fact that nobody has cast a single vote yet, I think they're all in a similar boat - there's not enough info yet in your repo to determine how closely the API matches. Maybe once your docs are more filled in and you have a lot of examples, then people might feel more comfortable offering feedback or voting in the poll. 

I'm kinda curious why you felt the need to create this library in the first place, especially if you were a fan of using GSAP. Is there something we could do better? Is there a deficiency we could shore up somewhere? (Not that there's anything wrong with creating another animation library - I'm just trying to understand the motivation and whether or not we've let you down somehow). 

Best wishes!

I no seen there extra feature than GSAP. I just want start my code. No other reason.

Thanks. I'm upload demo with GSAP as soon as possible.

Best wishes!

Nothing best, just want to start my own js. Thanks

• 2 months later...