Search Community

Animate CC for Canvas export is out with improvements

somnamblst test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

ohem you wrote

It seems to be caused by some aspect of the newest Animate publishing template, because when I use my existing templates that I created a few months ago, everything displays fine in IE10.

Does that mean the 77 files I released last week, and the 144 the week before, are OK because I used my custom templates?

ohem you wrote

Does that mean the 77 files I released last week, and the 144 the week before, are OK because I used my custom templates?

Those should be fine.  You're still using the 2x scaled templates you posted a while back?

I just used crossbrowsertesting.com to check, and your templates are good in IE10.  However to work in IE9 you should remove all commented code from above the doctype.  This stuff:

<!--
NOTES:
1. All tokens are represented by '$' sign in the template.
2. You can write your code only wherever mentioned.
3. "DO NOT" alter the tokens in the template html as they are required during publishing.
-->
  • Like 1

Yes, because I had already created storyboards with 2X Animate CC Canvas FLAs. I just really have a hard time believing that the high DPI support means bitmaps will magically have more data.

Bitmaps won't magically have more data, but it will make your vector shapes and text from Animate crisp on devices with any pixel density, even 3x or 4x.  

For text and vector art, the device pixel ratio detection code is more future-proof than building at 2x.

Personally, I build my banners at actual size, and have been using AdHelper to enable High DPI support.  I bring bitmaps in at double the size and scale them down within the banner, the same as when I'm building banners that utilize the DOM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Can anyone provide an example .fla for the mask antialiasing issue fix for Chrome?  I followed the instructions here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1921367, but the image being masked just disappears.  Thanks.

Is it just me, or do canvas masks look fine in Chrome now?

I remember they used to look terrible & jagged in Chrome for the longest time, but I'm not seeing that issue in Chrome 55 on my Mac.  Not sure when it was fixed but this is great!

• Like 1