Search Community

Prevent reverse in Tweenmax.from or .staggerFrom

pauloco test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey folks,

either I´m blind or there is no answer yet to my question:

I would like animations only to happen once when scrolling in, but when scrolling out (backwards, so the trigger is active again) and then scroll in again I dont want the animation to reverse and run again.

So long story short: the animation should only be triggered once and then the animated elements should stay where they are forever indepently of scrolling back:)

I found only this http://greensock.com/forums/topic/7832-disable-reverse/ but it seems not to be up to date anymore. Is there a simple way to achieve this? Or do I have to remove the listener by hand, once the animation finished?

The snippet shows that the "false" parameter doesn´t help here (just in case here without false parameter:

See the Pen zrJVLQ by anon (@anon) on CodePen

)...

Thanks in advance for any possible help. Somehow I feel this should be very easy to achieve, but I didn´t manage to make it work..

Greetings,

Paul

See the Pen obPrMj by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Hi pauloco :),

Welcome to the forums.

This is really more of a ScrollMagic rather than a GreenSock question, but I can certainly answer it for you.

Just add reverse:false to your scene parameters like this:

new ScrollMagic.Scene({
    triggerElement: '#redBox',
    reverse:false
  })

The animation will then play when you scroll down, but stay put when you scroll up again.

Here's some more reading about it:

http://janpaepke.github.io/ScrollMagic/docs/ScrollMagic.Scene.html#constructor

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1