Search Community

GSAP and DFP (directly uploaded creatives) HTML5 banner Issue

13Colours.com test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys, I have been trying to publish a GSAP based HTML5 banner using DFP (by directly uploading the creatives as custom template). It works fine in DFP, but when publishing the banner live, it throws error and does not show the banner.

Has anyone every faced this issue before?

Would really appreciate suggestions!

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with DFP, but it'd really help if you could provide more details about the errors you mentioned. Very tough to troubleshoot blind. Do you have the error messages? A screen capture of the console or something? A URL? We'd love to help - just need more info. Have you reached out to the DFP folks and asked them about the error? Were you under the impression that it's a GSAP-related thing?

Hi 13coulors,

DFP is Doubleclick for Publishers. I used to work for a company that used DFP, I currently work for a company that uses DCM, and when my ads hit a particular publisher (DFP), I believe they are supplied as a tag.

DFP users do receive ads from agencies and advertisers so I am not surprised that there is an HTML5 template in DFP

Google has forums for all their products.

Here is a thread on HTML5 issues in DFP. 

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topicsearchin/google-doubleclick-for-publishers-api/html5/google-doubleclick-for-publishers-api/fTxwDnEy7jQ