Search Community

Split Text not working on iPhone or in chrome

CarpeDiem test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I am very new at using the Split Text utility.  I was having fun with it and when i previewed my locally in browsers (Firefox, Safari and Chrome all was good.  But when I uploaded the file to a server, the animation did not work in chrome.  Also, the animation did not work on my iPhone.

I provided a link to my first code pen but when I hit run, it isn't even working at all.  I am using a local copy of the "SplitText.min.js"

Can anyone help?

See the Pen JGyVYX by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Hi there,

I just edited the code pen and uploaded the SplitTest.js file.  It is still not working in code pen.

I no longer have the chrome problem but the animation is not working on my phone.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong in code pen.  As I said, this is my first try at using it

SplitText will only work in CodePen if you include our special version of it: http://prntscr.com/9q2ulf. 

That is why we recommend that you fork our demos. You can see which scripts are being used by clicking on settings > JavaScript (or just click on the gear in the JS tab of the editor).

Please test this version that I made for you: http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/JGyVBN

Please confirm that it works in Chrome and on your phone. Thanks.

• Like 1

thanks carl.  i see that the code pen sample is indeed working and i am not having any trouble with my local file working in all desktop browsers but, when i put the folder with all the assets (the code pen example didn't include an image that i used) on a server and then try to access the link on my iPhone, i don't see the text animating the way i see it animating on desktop browsers.  does this make any sense to you?