Search Community

IE < v11 retired

celli test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I don't see any point of supporting IE8 if Microsoft won't. If somebody wants support for older versions of IE, they can always use an older version of GSAP. That's what you have to do with jQuery since 2.x dropped support.

Besides how many people actually use IE8 outside of the government, companies with bad IT departments, and my grandma? Probably not your target market if you are doing animations.

• Like 3

Just to add my measly two cents :blink:

As far as IE.. which is the same for all version s from iE10 and above. Is when doing 3D keep in mind that IE does not support the CSS property

transform-style:preserve-3d

So you would need to apply transformPerspective on your elements instead of using perspective on their parents. And in IE you have to animate each element separately when using transformPerspective in order to achieve proper 3D effects.

But that has nothing to do with GSAP and more to do with browser support for IE of certain 3D transforms and CSS properties that are needed to achieve 3D in IE10 and above.

Microsoft fixed a lot of rendering bugs for CSS 2D and 3D transforms with version IE10 and IE11. But the most important properties still have some bugs, but they can be resolved by different HTML markup and or other CSS properties, since IE's CSS and JS parser is really strict.

Good News though.. Ding Dong the IE9-IE10 wicked witches are dead :)

• Like 1