Search Community

Slow moving imagery using TweenMAx

fatSkeeter test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a basic Tween:

TweenMax.to(earth, 10, {top:"100px", left: "0px", ease:Sine.easeInOut, delay: d});

Note duration of the animation is set to 10seconds.

Also the starting point for the "earth" object is only 20px below and and 30px to the left.

In short what i have is an animation that is moving a short distance between two points and taking a long time to do it.  The object is actually an image set into a DIV as a background.

The resultant animation is far from acceptable, very jerky, not at all smooth.

Is there any special TweenMax settings that i can utilize a higher level of precision to shift elements around in this circumstance?  Had this similar animation in Flash development.....i was hoping that GSAP and HTML5 development would have had a better render.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello fatSkeeter, and Welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

In order to animate small increments and still have it play smooth. You need to add a slight rotation: 0.01 and also z:0.01 to your tween. And also animating x and y instead of top and left like PointC advised is the first thing you should do. Sometimes autoRound:false helps.

There could be other factors but without a code example it will be hard to know. Sometimes you might have to use a linear none ease if the element is moving in relative values in an infinite loop repeat

But a codepen example would be helpful to see your code in a live editable environment.

Here is a video tut on how to create a codepen demo example for use to help you better

:)

• Like 3